Sunday, April 6, 2014

S'mores Quesadilla!

So on a recent trip to a local bookstore I headed straight to the bargain books area and found an entire table devoted to cookbooks!!!  After looking at several dessert cookbooks I found it, "Hungry Girl 200 under 200 Just Desserts"!!!  I then spend the entire car ride home looking through the cookbook and at the back of the book I found Smores Quesadillas, this I gotta try! 

Here is a picture of the finished product, it looks simple but taste amazing! 



Ingredients:
One 6 inch high-fiber flour tortilla with 80 calories or less  (I just used a regular 6 inch tortilla)
2 tablespoons Jet-Putted Marshmallow Creme (mini marshmallows work well also)
1 teaspoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 low-fat honey graham cracker (1/4 sheet), crushed
 
Directions:

Lay tortilla flat, and spread with marshmallow creme.  (Or sprinkle half with mini marshmallows)
 
Sprinkle one half of the tortilla with chocolate chips and crushed graham cracker.  Fold the creme-only half over the chocolate-graham-topped half, and press lightly to seal.
 
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray (I didn't use the spray and didn't have any problems) to medium-high heat.  Cook quesadilla until slightly crispy on the outside and hot on the inside, about 2 minutes per side!  Watch closely because it goes quick!
 
*If you follow the original recipe you can eat the entire thing for only 159 calories and 3.5g fat!  Score!



 My son didn't even wait to sit down to take his first bite!  Needless to say it was very yummy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment