Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookies


I love cookies!  Cookies are the ultimate dessert, they are quick to make, easy to share, and take you back to a time when life was easy and the milk was cold!  I like to add things like M and M's, dried cherries, raisins, and the list goes on and on.  My husband on the other hand always claims that he is a plain Jane kind of guy and doesn't care for all the fancy stuff.  These cookies are a perfect blend of fancy with comfy.  AND I bet you already have everything in your pantry!  So what are you waiting for?!  Go make some cookies, your family and tummy will thank you. 

Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 (3.4 oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats


Thank you to my sweet friend who let me discover this recipe when she let me borrow her Southern Living 40 Years of Our Best Recipes cookbook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment