Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I LOVE, I mean top 5 all time favorite foods love, chicken cordon bleu!!  Up until this recipe find I had never made it, I had always bought it frozen or eaten it at a restaurant.  So one day I was making the menu for the week and the craving struck but this time I was determined that I was going to make it my self.  So I searched my cookbooks and then went to the internet in search for the perfect recipe.  And after a quick google search I saw this recipe on Kraft.com.  This has quickly become a family favorite! 

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Original Cooking Crème (note - I've used the flavored Cooking Crème and regular cream cheese, both work well)
4 oz.  Sliced ham, chopped
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
10 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
2 cups rice

Directions:
1.  Heat oven to 375 degrees
2.  Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/2 Swiss cheese; spoon 1 1/2 quart casserole sprayed with cooking spray.  Top with remaining Swiss cheese; cover.
3.  Bake 45 minutes or until heated through, uncovering and topping with cracker crumbs for the last 30 minutes. 
4.  Serve with rice.

                                    
                                                                   Finished product


                                                          Topped with Swiss cheese


                                                  Topped with crushed Ritz crackers



                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment