Saturday, June 14, 2014

Chocolate Passion Trifle

 
 
 
 
This recipe combines the two things that I love, chocolate and easy!  It takes no time at all to put together and you will be enjoying chocolaty goodness in no time. 
I think this is one of those recipes that I pulled out of a magazine and put away to make for later.  Last week I was looking through my recipes and saw this one.  Can you believe that up until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't made it!  The time had come and oh my gravy, I will definitely be making this again!

Ingredients:
3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Jell-O Chocolate Flavor instant pudding    and pie filling
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
1 baked 9-inch square brownie layer, cooled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 1/2 cups)
1 pt. (2 cups) raspberries (optional)


Directions:
1.  Pour milk into large bowl.  Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.  Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.

2.  Place half of the brownie cubes in 2-quart serving bowl; top with of the pudding mixture, half of the raspberries (my kids don't like raspberries so I didn't use them) and half of the remaining whipped topping.  Repeat all layers.

3.  Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.  Store leftover dessert in refrigerator. 

Makes 16 servings, about 2/3 cup each.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment