Sunday, July 27, 2014

Oatmeal M&M Raisin Cookies

 

 
When I was a kid my mom used to make oatmeal raisin cookies with peanut M & M's.  I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world when she would make those cookies.  So when I got out on my own I had to make these cookies for my husband, who up until this point in this life had never had such a cookie!  He always says that he is a simple man with simple taste, so I toned it down for him and used plain M & M's.  I hope you enjoy! 
 
Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
1 cup raisins
1 cup plain or peanut M & Ms
 
Directions:
1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.  Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.  Add oats and raisins; mix well.
2.  Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.  Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.  Cool completely.  Store tightly covered.
 
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment