Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Salted-Caramel Pretzel and Aloha Coconut Chicken Strips


 
 
With three crazy kids running around you will always find chicken nuggets in my freezer.  If they had it their way they would probably eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  So when I have the time I love to make homemade chicken strips and nuggets.  I found this recipe while flipping through one of my magazines and it was definitely a hit.  The salted caramel sauce with the pretzel strips sends them over the top and I love the pineapple salsa with the coconut strips!  So let's get started!
 
Both chicken strips start with the same basic recipe:
With a paper towel, pat dry chicken breasts cut into strips; coat with flour, dip in lightly beaten egg, then roll in preferred coating.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, turn half way through baking time. 
 
Pretzel topping:
Mix crushed pretzels and panko crumbs together and mix coated chicken into mixture.  Dip into salted caramel sauce!!!
 
Aloha Coconut topping:
Dip coated chicken into shredded coconut.  Use pineapple salsa or orange marmalade for dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment